Sunday, August 8, 2010

A typical conversation about my son pt.1

My son is 3. And weird. Very, very weird.

This is a short conversation between my mom and myself regarding my son:

Me: "The Wicker Man" is on, but that's not really appropriate for the kiddo, huh?

Mom: With the kind of deranged little mind he has, there isn't much left that would be considered appropriate for him. That's why he now plays with pretend guns and knives, and that's just what he's picked up from the commercials! Have you seen his "knife"?

Me: Do tell.

Mom: He walked up to me with his hand like this (in a "knife holding" manner I suppose) and said, "I have a knife!" So I asked him, "Well, what are you going to do with it?" He said, "This!" and then grabbed his Froggy and went like this (chopping motions like he's giving Froggy a massage).

Me: He minced the frog?

Mom: Yup! That's how many cooking shows he's seen, that the first instinct he has with a knife is to fillet his enemies. My grandson...the Serial Chopper!

Me: I'm so proud.

No comments: