Monday, August 9, 2010

Out in the online

Well, in my search for attaining availability I have joined OkCupid, or if you prefer, OkStupid.  Some of it is stupid, I gotta admit. Some of those questions are just, well, remedial is a nice way to put it. No kiddin, here is a real match question from OkCupid I was given to answer:

I shower:
a. once a day or more
b. usually once a day, but I skip some
c. something disgusting (I may be paraphrasing)
d. I wallow in filth (not really paraphrasing)

And after answering this for yourself, you are supposed to indicate how your partner should answer, and how important it is to you that they answer in that way. Okay, okay, fine. Some people need things spelled out to them, I understand that, but then to make it Public you must expound on your reasoning behind this. I couldn't help myself, folks, I had to answer "I have to explain why showering often is a good thing? Really?"

Look, I'm not a strictly picky person, but there are some things I absolutely will not put up with. You must not chew on kittens for fun, you must not burp the Gettysburg Address until date 3, and you must fucking shower often! I'm not asking for a guy to walk around fastidiously smelling like a potpourri emporium but parmesan-crusted HOBO isn't an option either!

Have the rules changed so much that Nuclear Funk can be considered a viable option for a lifestyle? Has Rule 34 truly permeated the zeitgeist? What the fuck, people, just what. the. fuck.

No comments: