Sunday, September 12, 2010

Short Hiatus

That's a nice way to put it, I think. In reality, I've been lazy. I would not have a decent topic to post about, go looking for inspiration, next thing I know the kid's awake and I've still got nothing. Sometimes I even slip out and run a quick errand while the babe's snoozing or I use the hour or so to read a good book. Whether I fall asleep while reading is a crap shoot at its best.

I've also been putting time into OkCupid, which has paid off not one fucking bit. I get no messages, and yet I see these profiles where guys say shit like "I don't want to get lost in some full inbox so ladies should message me first." Wanna know what's wrong with that sentiment Bucko? EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING THE SAME THING. Why do these guys think that just because we have lady bits we are just inundated with offers for everything from a quick roll in the hay to an all expense paid weekend in Maui? It doesn't work that way, Gentlemen! Here's how it really works: The decent guys think that they will be lost in a crowd that doesn't exist so they wait for the ladies to message them. Less work and worry for them. Meanwhiile the real Twatwaffles of the 'net are messaging gals willy-nilly (or willy in hand more likely) looking to hone their douchebaggery skillz. Meanwhile all we girls see is an inbox full of tumbleweeds and the occaisional "opportunity" to join the Fiesta De La STDs. Is it any wonder the numbers seem slightly skewed between male and female members of these sites?

Being an Equal Oppurtunity Bitch, here's a quick tip for the ladies- stop saying you're Bi if you aren't. If you think that the best way to get dinner is by dangling out the faint possibility that you may make out with the waitress in lieu of tip, then the guys who ask you out aren't interested in your personality. They don't care if you're a smart, educated, fully deserving, wonderful woman, they care whether or not they'll be able to tap out "Dear Penthouse" on the bottom of the table in Morse Code with their dicks while watching a free girl on girl show. Stop saying you're Bi unless you are absolutely 100% into both genders as damn near equally as you can be and looking to openly date and/or fall in love with someone regardless of what kind of wedding tackle they sport.

Actual dates I've had as of this writing? 4 I guess, and 3 of those were first dates.

M- had coffee, really felt no spark, no big deal
K- absolute fun to chat with, long coffee date, never got a second one, sucks, but he wasn't really looking anyway, he just kind of forgot he had an active profile. whoops.
C- great first date, fantastic second date even if it was just watching DVD's and making out. There were a couple of issues, which will be their own post.

I'm trying, folks, I really am, but I gotta say this isn't making me too happy at all. Meeting up for coffee, or a drink or whatever just seems kind of...pointless. The whole essence of Rules to be Followed, and the Theatrics of it kind of bore me. Not to mention the whole subset of Rules for dating as a single parent. The makeup, the clothes, the expense of things you can't afford (like makeup and clothes) and the juggling act of Job, Family, Money, Feelings, Stress, Obligations, Desires, Wants, Needs, and of course Self is bad enough without the added pressure of posturing yourself like a goddamn animal during mating season. Yet in the western world there is still this ferocious outcry against arranged marriage. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

No comments: